Mr Mannequin has raised his standards! Don’t believe me? Check the video!
Watch that in 2k or 4k though as Blender footage gets murdered by YouTubes downscaling.
Mr Mannequins Tools is a Blender add-on that exports animations and weighted meshes that are directly compatible with the third person mannequin in Unreal Engine, without re-targeting anything... As if that wasn't useful enough, it also has several mannequin themed template meshes and armatures that are ready for you to animate and block out your projects with!
This is a free project so please do not anticipate dedicated individual help unless you are supporting me financially. I will help where i can but only when i have the time.
This add-on is what it is, tools for working with the UE4 mannequin from Blender.
You can import mannequin animations/meshes, edit them and send them straight back to where they came from as smoothly as possible.
As of update 1.4.0 i have refactored Mr Mannequins Tools into being purely animation ready mannequin templates and my own import/export logic and the rest of the functionality is provided by my B.L.E.N.D add-ons that come with it. They get automatically installed so you shouldn't need to worry about them.
Join Mr Mannequins Army on Discord for Blender and Unreal help.
It's also on Blender Market if you feel like giving 10% of proceeds to Blender.
But really you should support me on Patreon for early access and dedicated support!
There is also a Github Repository, just read the readme if you go here please.
GNU GPL 3.0
- All Python scripts used in Blender add-ons must have a GNU GPL compatible license. All the python scripting in the add-on(s) has a GNU GPL 3.0 License.- "Blender’s Python API is an integral part of the software, used to define the user interface or develop tools for example. The GNU GPL license therefore requires that such scripts (if published) are being shared under a GPL compatible license. You are free to sell such scripts, but the sales then is restricted to the download service itself. Your customers will receive the script under the same license (GPL), with the same free conditions as everyone has for Blender."
- So you can do anything you like with my Python scripts but credit is greatly appreciated.
- All the third person mannequin and first person gun meshes and textures and anything created with them should come under the UE4 EULA. (Unreal Engine - End User License Agreement)
- See the Unreal Engine End User License Agreement
- The basic idea is that you can use the mannequins/first person gun however you want as long as it's use is related to Unreal Engine.
- There is little point including the UE4 EULA as text with the add-on as you should already have a copy of it if you plan on using this add-on.
- Credit to Jim Kroovy and Mr Mannequins Tools for the Blender side rigging and materials is appreciated but not required under the CC BY license.
CC BY 4.0
- All .blend files and their mesh, armature, material and texture contents (provided they do not come under the above UE4 EULA) and anything created with them have a CC-BY license. (Creative Commons - Attribution)
- See Creative Commons - CC BY- "All CC licenses require that others who use your work in any way must give you credit the way you request, but not in a way that suggests you endorse them or their use. If they want to use your work without giving you credit or for endorsement purposes, they must get your permission first."- "This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, so long as attribution is given to the creator. The license allows for commercial use."
- *Attribution conditions*
- Do whatever you want with the .blend files and their contents but if you upload or distribute them (or any derivatives of them) you must give me credit.
- If you need special permissions please ask. I frequently give special permission for people using my products to create online storefront assets. For example the UE4 Marketplace or Blender Market might require me to alter permissions so that while the creator must credit me in the asset(s) people who purchase the created asset(s) do not have to. That being said i still reserve my right to decline special permissions requests.
Any/all applicable licenses should be also contained within the download as .txt files.